Kenise Barnes Fine Art was founded in 1994 on the belief that art is essential.
We are a gallery and consulting firm that represents emerging and mid-career investment-quality artists. Our program includes over thirty artists working in a variety of mediums. The gallery mounts seven exhibitions annually, and participates in art fairs in Miami, Santa Fe and New York.
Director and owner Kenise Barnes has degrees in Painting and in Women’s Studies. She gained early experience as the Specialist in Charge of Contemporary Art at Christie’s East, a division of Christie, Manson and Woods International. With more that 20 years experience in the arts, Kenise is a frequent guest curator, speaker and advisor.
Our client list includes the Bank of America Art Program, Pfizer Corporation, Citibank Art Advisory, Vicente Wolf Associates, and numerous museums and private collectors.
- American Society of Interior Designers, Industry Partner
- Castle Gallery, College of New Rochelle, New Rochelle, NY, Board of Directors, Exhibition Committee
- Rockland Center for Contemporary Art, Nyack, NY, Exhibition Committee Chair (past term)
- Maria Farer Children’s Hospital, Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, NY, Founding Member Art Selection Committee (past term)
- Larchmont Chamber of Commerce
- Curator: Structure and Improvisation, Contemporary Art Quilts by Nancy Crow, Rosalie Dace, Micheal James and Paula Nadelstern, The Nicolaysen Art Museum and Discovery Center, Casper, WY, Jan 21 - May 1, 2011
- Curator: Rites of Spring and Other Follies, Rockland Art Center, Nyack, NY, Mar - Apr 2011
- Juror: Made in New York, Schweinfurth Art Center, Auburn, NY, spring 2011
- Curator: Sew New: Contemporary Art Quilts, Osilas Gallery, Concordia College, Bronxville, NY, Nov – Dec 2010
- Guest Speaker: Visual Art Seminar, Westchester Community College, 2010 and 2009
- Curator: Local Growing Conditions, Westchester Arts Council, May 17 – Jul 22, 2008
- Moderator: Local Working Conditions, Jun 17 2008, Westchester Arts Council
- Portfolio review Career Day ICP, NYC, 2007
- Moderator: Panel on Public Art, Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital, 2006
- Curator: Metro North, Schweinfurth Art Center, Auburn, NY, 2004
- Juror: Quilts=Art=Quilts, Schweinfurth Art Center, Auburn NY, 2005
- Curator: Color Theory, Schweinfurth Art Center, Auburn, NY, 2005